Qualifications in a Nutshell
- Applied Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering (front- and backend development)
- Master's Degree in Geographical Information Science & Systems (passed with distinction)
- Multilingual: advanced in English, fluent in German and native in Swiss German
- Trained IT technician (4-year apprenticeship, more about Switzerland's apprenticeship system)
- Diploma in Essential Skills for Hospitality, Service and Tourism Co-Op
- Work Experience as a Café Bakery Server
- Award for Excellence in Geographic Sciences (Centre of Geographic Sciences, NSCC, 2019)
- 2019 President's Prize / Prix du Président (Canadian Cartographic Association, 2019)
Technologies, Software and Skills
Below is a list of a few technologies, software and skills I have learned/used in the past (but not limited to).
Geographic Information System and Cartography
- ArcGIS for Desktop 10.x, ArcGIS Pro 2.x, ArcGIS Online, ESRI WebApp Builder
- Python, Arcade
- QGIS, FME
- Authoring Maps, Mapping, Cartography
- Adobe Illustrator 2019, Adobe InDesign 2019, Adobe Photoshop 2019
- AutoCAD 2018, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
- GPS Pathfinder Office 5.90
- OGC Standards (such as WMS and WFS)
- Collecting Spatial Features, Geoprocessing and Transforming Spatial Data
- Angular 2, AngularJS 1.7
- HTML, CSS, LESS, SASS, XML, SQL, PHP, SVG
- JSF, JSP, Servlets, JPA2, Java Swing, JDBC
- Maven, ANT, JUnit, JMeter, CSV, SVN, GIT, Intellij
- Design Pattern, Refactoring, Usability, UX Development
- OOA/OOD, UML, Scrum, Project Management
- PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Oracle, SQLite, Sybase, MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Crystal Reports, Jasper Reports
- Wildfly, Tomcat
- REST Webservices
- Bootstrap, Semantic UI, UIKit, jQuery, RxJS, Lodash, OpenFaces, RichFaces
- JIRA, Confluence
- Symantec DLP
- Linux, MacOS, Windows, DOS
- Customer Service, Customer Support, Training, On-Site Installation, Onboarding Employees
- Repairing Printers, Assembling Computers
- Microsoft Office, Open Office
- Customer Service and Support
- Technical co-responsibility for usability and UX development
- Optimized user interfaces to increase usability and user satisfaction.
- Assembled computers for a whole department.
- Implemented a reporting component to extract information from a database and reduce costs in customer service department.
- Produced a video using ArcScene to visualize Salzburg castle.
- Improved code quality through refactoring.
- Trained new employee to onboard them.
- Planned meetings with co-workers and external consultants to discuss a user interface of an existing software in order to improve its usability.
- Performed requirement engineering with internal and external customer to implement features in a software.
- Trained business partners across Europe in using a software.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd level Support (for software and hardware)